- This event has passed.
Organic Pest & Disease Management
May 5, 2021 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Learn how to protect your garden from pests and diseases without the use of synthetic fertilizers or pesticides. VINES’ Community Garden Program Manager Christina Zawerucha will use interactive games and story telling to introduce the basics of organic pest and disease management for urban gardeners.
- Plant selection, nutrition and placement for pest prevention
- Basic Monitoring and identification of common pests and diseases
- Mechanical solutions for pest management
- Sanitation and habits for pest/disease prevention
- Attracting beneficial organisms for a “Whole Systems” approach to biologically controlling pests and diseases