Dear Friend of VINES,
As frost comes and the storage vegetables are being put away, please consider making a year-end tax deductible donation to VINES. Your gift of any amount is so important to help with the food security, youth development and urban beautification that are vital to the long-term success of our community.
VINES is devoted to our motto “Growing Food, Growing Community”. As president of VINES, I treasure the warm community spirit I have felt at the community gardens, the Binghamton Urban Farm and our various social events. I have enjoyed seeing our summer youth employees grow personally, just as they watch the seedlings they cultivate grow into food for their families and neighbors. And I am thrilled that Binghamton Farm Share is making fresh, affordable local produce available to people of all income levels.
A little can go a long way. Here are some examples of what your donation means:
- $12 enables a low-income family to purchase a week’s worth of fresh, local vegetables for half price.
- $25 buys seeds for four elementary school classes to start their own plants.
- $50 provides a day’s pay for a teenager working in the summer youth program.
- $100 subsidizes a low-income family’s Farm Share for 2 months.
- $250 funds a Green Thumb series class on growing or preserving food.
- $500 builds a handicap accessible garden bed.
- $4,000 purchases a new walk-behind tractor.
To donate via credit card or paypal, click “donate” or mail a check to VINES, P.O. Box 3104, Binghamton, NY 13902. Any and all amounts gratefully received! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to donate in honor of someone, or donate as a gift in another person’s name.
President, Board of Directors, VINES